In an update to their blog article on Sites, Google announced today that they are stepping up the timeline for the transition from Classic Google Sites to New Google Sites. So what does this mean?
- In early 2018, GSuite Admins will have access to features allowing site owners to migrate content.
- Later in 2018, Site Owners will gain access to these features.
- Retirement of Classic Google Sites will last through 2018.
- At the end of that period, Classic Sites that have not migrated will be saved as a Takeout Archive.
If you have not started using the New Google Sites, you can see an overview here:
Some key features include:
- Ability to Embed URLs
- Nested Pages
- Site Search
- Ability to restrict access
- Domain Mapping – Limited at this time